1. In order to encourage Majiang fans to participate in the healthy, scientific and friendly competition, and to promote the development of the culture of Majiang, the Organizing Committee gives Certificate Letter of Pin (grading) to the players taking part in the China Majiang Championship. The grading of Majiang players reflects their skill level. The grading system (Pin) comprises nine grades, among which the first grade, called the first Pin, is the highest level, and the ninth Pin is the lowest.
2. Procedure of Certificate evaluation: with reference to arrangements, standards and scales of fulfilled contests, the Organizing Committee will propose the certificate of grading, considering the instances of the world series of China Majiang Championship and its sub-area matches, and as well the prescribed number of participants in this yearly competition. The Organizing Committee will give the proposal of grading certificate, and submit it to the executive committee of the Organizing Committee for confirmation. Besides, the Organizing Committee can directly give the grading certificate.
3. Conditions for each grade in China Majiang Championship
(1) The first Pin: Those who win the champion for three times.
(2) The second Pin: Those who win the champion twice; or those who win the runner-up for three times; or those who win a champion, a runner-up and a third place.
(3) The third Pin: Those who win a champion; or those who attain two runner-ups; or those who play the third place for three times; or those who gain a runner-up, a third place and a fourth place.
(4) The fourth Pin: Those who win a runner-up; or those who win twice the third place; or those who attain for three times the place between the fourth and the eighth.
(5) The fifth Pin: Those who win a third place; or those who get twice the place between the fourth and the eighth; or those who are in the top sixteen for three times.
(6) The sixth Pin: Those who are once in the top eight; or those who win twice the place between the ninth and the sixteenth; or those who win the place between the seventeenth and the thirty-second for three times.
(7) The seventh Pin: Those who once win the place between the ninth and the sixteenth; or those who gain twice the place between the seventeenth and the thirty-second; or those who participate for three times.
(8) The eighth Pin: Those who once win the place between the seventeenth and the thirty-second; or those who participate twice.
(9) The ninth Pin: Those who participate once.
4. The Organizing Committee of China Majiang Championship is responsible for explaining this certificating method.